After spending some time dyeing, blending and experimenting with colours over the summer, I’m excited to share that I’ve added a new selection of hand-dyed spinning fibres to my Folksy shop!
Each colourway has been dyed by hand, so every braid has its own little variations and surprises. I love the slightly unpredictable nature of hand dyeing, even when I’m aiming for a particular colour combination, the wool often has a mind of its own!
Colour, colour and more colour
The new collection includes a mixture of rich and playful Halloween and Autumn inspired shades, with colours designed to give you plenty to experiment with at your spinning wheel.
One of my favourite things about hand-dyed fibre is seeing how the colours change once they're spun. A braid that looks one way in your hands can become something completely different once the fibres are drafted and twisted into yarn.
Some colourways are bold and vibrant, while others are a little more subtle and earthy. Whether you enjoy spinning a colourway as it comes or combining different braids to create your own unique yarn, there’s lots of room to play.
Made for spinners
I’ve selected fibres that are lovely to work with and perfect for turning into your own handspun yarn. Bases include Merino wool, Cormo and Corriedale.
You could spin them into a chunky, colourful yarn for a cosy project, create a finer yarn for knitting or weaving, or even split and spin the colours separately for a more controlled effect.
And, of course, you don't have to be an expert spinner! Hand-dyed fibre is a great excuse to sit down with your wheel or drop spindle, make yourself a cup of tea and simply enjoy the process.
A little bit of fibre joy
One of the reasons I love working with fibre is that there are so many possibilities. The same wool can become yarn for socks, a hat, a scarf, a woven textile or simply something beautiful to keep in your stash until inspiration strikes.
I’ve really enjoyed creating these new colourways and I can’t wait to see what they become once they leave my little garden studio and find their way into someone else’s hands.
If you fancy adding some colour to your spinning stash, you can find my latest hand-dyed spinning fibres over in my Folksy shop.
Happy spinning!
Sarah x



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment, thank you!